Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cops and Robbers

Film is a very powerful form of media that can trigger a number of emotions in even the strongest of people. It can inspire, infuriate, and create sadness or happiness. I recently saw a short film entitled “Speed of Light / aka / The World's Tiniest Police Chase” by a UK production house called The Theory. Their creative effort allowed me to reminisce on my childhood as a boy who grew up playing cops and robbers with my toy car collection. In my opinion, what separates a good film from a bad one, is its ability to allow the audience an opportunity to escape from reality or to connect with the characters they view on the big screen. Every person perceives things in their own way, but for 2 minutes and 22 seconds, I felt like I was a kid again!


No comments: